Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cilantro Window Garden

Remember the green onions I posted about a few weeks ago?


This is what they look like now, and we have been cutting and regrowing them every couple of days! I knew this would happen and I am still amazed at the rate of regrowth!


Anyway... you can apply the same method to cilantro! 


Put the Cilantro roots in a jar of water. Place the jar in a sunny spot and change the water every couple of days. 


The Cilantro does grow at a slower rate than the onion, but look how much it has grown in just a few weeks. Once the plant gets big enough you will be able to prune the leaves regularly to use for cooking without causing harm to the growth process of the plant. 


5 comments:

  1. Sorry, I do not like cilantro so I don't think I would ever grow it.
    But I do like onions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this suggestion and how-to! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Make sure you try it with an herb that you will use regularly. Pruning is pivotal in the regrowing process

      Delete
    2. Good to know. I'm crazy about cilantro.

      Delete

Search This Blog