Friday, April 4, 2014

Household Cleaners

As requested by my friend Tori, here are some recipes for chemical free household cleaners.

*Notice the use of essential oils in each recipe, that is because essential oils not only smell great while they disinfect, they also heal while they disinfect! I am a Young Living Essential Oils distributor, so if you are interested in getting your hands on some, please feel free to email me or leave your email address in a comment!

Disinfectant:
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon Borax
10 drops Eucalyptus, Lemon, or Lavender essential oil
Combine in spray bottle and fill with hot, distilled water. Shake vigorously until borax is dissolved completely

Floor Cleaner:
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 bucket of hot, distilled water
5-10 drops of Lemon, Melaleuca (aka tea tree), or Purification essential oil
Combine in bucket and mop away!

Air Freshener:
12 drops Lavender, Lemon, or Eucalyptus (or a combination)
1 quart distilled water
Put in spray bottle and shake well before using.

Window Cleaner
1 cup white vinegar
3 cups distilled water
10-15 drops Lemon essential oil
Mix ingredients in a spray bottle and clean!

And just in time for spring! Happy cleaning!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hmm cool! I do know vinegar is great for cleaning windows (which I need to do soon!).
    You know how I love the smell of vinegar!
    I should try the floor cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon scent also keeps spiders away. So if you get lemon oil for the floor cleaner, you should also put a few drops in a spray bottle with water and spritz it around the house

      Delete
  2. yay THANK YOU for this awesome post- the ingredients list is short and simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vinegar rocks. I'm sooooo obsessed with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what you would probably also be obsessed with? Thieves. It's an essential oil that works the same way only better because it heals the body via the air while it disinfects! Email me if you want more info Juju!

      Delete
    2. I will admit, the smell of vinegar is actually growing on me since I use it about once a week in the shower.

      Delete

Search This Blog