Tuesday, April 8, 2014

All Natural Face Primer

By Casey's request, here is an all natural recipe that wont clog pores.

Face Primer Recipe
1 Tablespoon aloe vera gel
1/4 teaspoon kaolin clay
1/4 teaspoon arrowroot powder



Mix the clay and the arrowroot powder together in a small bowl. Next, add the aloe vera and mix thoroughly. Apply a thin layer to your face and allow it to set for a few minutes before applying makeup. You could add a tiny bit of mineral makeup if you want your primer to have a tint.

Keep mixture in a jar in the refrigerator to extend the shelf life of the aloe vera. (Can be used up to 2-3 weeks) If you do not want to have to refrigerate it, then you can use lotion instead of aloe vera gel.

Kaolin clay is used in this recipe for its healing mineral content and its anti inflammatory properties. Both the clay and the arrowroot powder absorb excess oil and therefor produce a matte finish.

Please try it out and let me know what you think!


4 comments:

  1. I love aloe vera gel and keep arrowroot around for my homemade deodorant but I haven't heard of kaolin clay. I'm off to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not made my own deodorant yet, what is your recipe?

      Delete
  2. Yeah I never have any of this stuff around.

    We might have to do a "workshop day" over the summer.
    Kind of a you teach me and I'll teach you.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog