Sunday, April 13, 2014

Smoothie Sunday : Orange Almond Swirl

What a beautiful day for smoothie sunday! 75 degrees in the middle of April? I'll take it! Here is today's recipe, trust me, it is amazing.

Orange Almond Swirl Smoothie
1 cup almond milk (I use vanilla)
2 peaches cut into chunks
1/2 cups kale (don't judge, just try it)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
6 ice cubes (or cut the peaches the day before and toss them in the freezer overnight to eliminate the need for ice)


Combine all ingredients in a blender and BLEND baby BLEND. Of course if you are afraid of adding greens to your smoothie, you can always eliminate the kale. Please try it! Let me know what you think!




4 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Of course I'm not sure about the kale, but the rest sounds good!
    Yes, I do have to start making smoothies again, it is that season again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't like kale, don't add it because you can taste it in this one. I made it with kale the first time and without kale the second time. Both were equally yummy!

      Delete
  2. Kale. I'm working my way there.

    I use to hate veggies so I'm taking baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're afraid, use less kale than the recipe calls for, and slowly work your way up. As I mentioned to my mom above, you can taste the kale in this one so if you are unsure, my advice would be to ease into the portions.

      Delete

Search This Blog