Sunday, March 9, 2014

Acne Spot Treatment

Are you an adult still struggling with acne? I thought this problem would go away when I entered adulthood?!? Well, it didn't... and for a long time I was struggling with awful breakouts and nothing seemed to work. Until, I took matters into my own hands and started to make my own products. Here is a simple and great smelling recipe for acne breakouts:

Acne Spot Treatment

1 tablespoon (20g) organic honey
1 teaspoon neem oil
5 drops tea tree essential oil
5 drops *frankincense essential oil


Blend all the ingredients together well and store in a sterile container, preferably in the refrigerator. To use, dab a small amount on the affected area.


I got this recipe from The Home Apothecary 1

* They called for goldenseal leaf essential oil. I substituted with Frankinsense essential oil which also works well for acne.


If you have any questions about essential oils, because I have not yet posted about the importance in choosing the right oils, please feel free to contact me. I am also a distributor of Young Living Oils, which are the oils I will be using in all my recipes. I would be happy to order oils for anyone who is interested. Just sent me an email with your questions or requests, or post a comment with your questions and your email address.

4 comments:

  1. Thats great that you finally found something that works!
    I have seen the before and after - you should post the pictures!

    And I love the new page tabs on the top, makes it very handy to find things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do an update post, before and after.

      Delete
  2. I need neem.

    In a pinch, baby rash ointment realllly works. I like Boudreaux butt paste

    Kudos on your blog. Great stuff! I keep meaning to share my favorite natural recipes but I think I need to perfect them a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear some of your recipes! :)

      Delete

Search This Blog