Sunday, March 9, 2014

SMOOTHIE SUNDAY: Oats & Honey

Also known as the best recipe I have ever created, this smoothie is not only delicious but it's also easy to make!

Oat and Honey Smoothie Recipe: 

1/4 cup oats
2 Tablespoons raw organic honey (best if locally made)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 frozen banana
1 cup vanilla almond milk


OR 

You can use dark chocolate almond milk (which my husband prefers)



Seriously, it tastes so great! If you drank too much last night, and are suffering the next day from an alcohol induced headache/stomach ache, this smoothie will actually help calm down a hangover.

My #1 tip for making smoothies: freeze your bananas so you don't have to use ice and therefore water down the flavor.

Please let me know how you like this recipe! Have a great Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. You know if you froze your banana slices it would be great for summer!
    Looks delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, spoke too soon, I see that you did mention that! LOL

      Delete
  2. I wrote it twice and even in bold once! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frozen bananas are so awesome in smoothies. I lovvvve that tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great little trick! Who wants to water down the flavor with ice!

      Delete

Search This Blog