Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Aloe Face Toner

If you tried my recipe for the Aloe Face Cream and found that it was too oily... I have a solution for you:

Aloe Face Toner Recipe
1/2 cup distilled water
1/4 cup witch hazel
1 teaspoon aloe vera gel*
10 drops tea tree essential oil
10 drops frankincense essential oil



 or 

* I have an Aloe Vera plant so sometimes I will choose to use fresh leaves (click here for a how to), however I don't want to kill my plant by taking too much from it at once, so I bought 99% pure Aloe Vera Gel from the a whole food store.

Directions are simple:
1. Mix all the ingredients together. 
2. Pour the mixture into a sterile container.

To Use: 
After cleansing your face, moisten a cotton facial pad with toner. Wipe face gently, avoiding eyes. Follow with moisturizer.

I got this recipe from The Home Apothecary 1 but added my own variations. 

First: The recipe called for 3/4 teaspoon aloe vera gel. I used 1 teaspoon simply because I have a problem with acne and wanted more healing agents in my toner.

Second: the recipe called for 5 drops black willow essential oil and 5 drops thyme essential oil, I used 10 drops Frankincense essential oil because I have had great experience using frankincense as a healing agent, specifically for acne.

2 comments:

  1. First time I tried frankincense I wasn't so sure about the smell. Now I kinda love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so you know about the oils! That's great!!! Have you ever taken frankincense in a capsule? Tastes pretty gross but the health benefits are outstanding! I have been taking lavender capsules for my allergies, and I keep burping up lavender! HAHA It's an interesting side effect, that's for sure

      Delete

Search This Blog