Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cucumber Eye Cream

Didn't get enough sleep last night? Eyes all puffy with dark bags underneath? Tired of using store bought creams that promise fresh looking eyes, yet never deliver results? (I'm not even going to get into the fact that the last one is probably due to chemicals instead of using the beautiful earth God gave us!! Okay, I will step down from my soap box now)

Have I got the recipe for you!!! It works and it feels great, especially first thing in the morning when your eyes are all crusty and hot from sleep!

Cucumber Eye Cream
1 Tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel
1 teaspoon Cucumber juice (best when fresh, if you have a juicer)
1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 Tablespoon witch hazel


Directions: 
1. In a double boiler (I do not have a double boiler so I just used a pan on very super low heat... no "very super low" is not a heat setting on my stove, but you get the idea) combine the aloe gel, cucumber juice, and cornstarch and warm carefully. Do not overheat or bring to a boil. 

2. When ingredients are mixed together (it should be a light pastel greenish color) remove from stove, transfer to a bowl and mix in the witch hazel (the recipe in the book called for 1 tablespoon but I found that to be to watery so I cut it back to 1/2 tablespoon). 

3. Allow to cool completely before transferring the mixture to a sterile container, and store in the fridge. This gel will last about a week. 


To Use:
Apply under the eye in an upward, dotting motion, be careful not to pull on the skin.

I think this is my favorite recipe so far. It smells great, was fairly simple to make, and the coolness of the refrigerated gel feels great under the eyes!

Don't be intimidated by the use of a stove, this really is easy. Please give it a try and let me know what you think!

7 comments:

  1. Now this I need! I always have dark puffy eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make some for you mom, I need to get more glass jars... I'm thinking a mother daughter trip to hobby lobby is in our immediate future!

      Delete
    2. Yaaaaay! Thanks!
      And... anytime you wanna go to HL I'm there.

      Delete
  2. This sounds rejuvenating for the eyes!! Will have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very rejuvenating! I hope you do try it, let me know!

      Delete
  3. Ooooo my eyes say, "TRY this one chica." ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is VERY refreshing first thing in the morning as a wake up remedy, but also in the afternoon when your eyes feel all hot and heavy from working all day!

      Delete

Search This Blog